Since we've started our new lives in Boston,
I've tried to be more adventurous in cooking
-not experimental like Taylor, mind you-
But try new recipes rather than just stick to what I know and what's easy.
It's been great!
I decided I really ought to share some of my new finds
because someone is always bound to appreciate it, right?
Here's tonight's dinner:
4 c. spiral pasta
1/2 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/4" pieces
3/4 lb. chicken breast cut into small pieces
3 tsp. olive oil, divided
1 small red bell pepper
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. minced fresh or 4 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. cornstarch
5 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta, adding green beans the last 2 minutes
2. Meanwhile, saute chicken in 2 tsp oil. Remove and keep warm.
In the same pan, saute red pepper and garlic in remaining oil.
3. Stir in the broth, 1/2 c. milk, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil,
reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
4. Combine cornstarch and remaining milk, gradually stir into the mixture.
Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened. Add chicken.
5. Drain pasta mixture; toss with sauce. Add Parmesan cheese.