Jun 2, 2010

Stir Crazy

Photo taken from Google images
We went to an acrobat show. It was A-MAZING, and worth every penny. Just picture this- a girl hanging above the stage by one hand while twirling 8 hula hoops around her from neck to feet. These people have some serious skillz.

Our guests have left, and I'm back on my own. At least I have my own key now, and phone. I'm not sure if it's laziness or fear of not knowing any Chinese that keeps me from going out to get some food (or maybe I'm just sick of eating it?)...yesterday I ate an orange, some crackers, and goldfish. You don't even need to remind me this isn't healthy. We went to the store so now we at least have some food in the house. While Taylor was dining at an elaborate banquet, I was inhaling my baked potato and mixed frozen vegetables dinner. I'm going crazy here people. I have GOT to get out, and not just out exploring. I'm meeting some Chinese girl in the park today, and she will take me to a school where they need an English teacher for kindergarten age children.

I'm pretty sure meeting strangers in parks is something I learned not to do in my youth, but anything to get me out of this house.

Before you go to bed, say your prayers and hope I don't get kidnapped.

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I am a little jealous. It makes me think of all of the many times I have been lost in foreign countries...oh memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! A week or so into your stay and you've already had some major drama. This is going to be good. I can't wait to hear about all the other adventures that you have before we come next month. You are taking some great photos and I can almost picture your vacation through your descriptive writing alone. Keep up the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy... thats Deborah Callister! I grew up with her! She is a ton of fun. Say hi to her. She knows me as Missy Baggaley.
    Sounds like you guys are having yet another adventure. Bryce is jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow China looks awesome! Your pictures are amazing Jode. Hope you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete