Jul 7, 2013

Welcome Baby Girl

Pictures, at last! She is awfully sweet, but I've had a headache for days straight from lack of sleep, so needless to say I haven't really made the time to get pictures together from the various cameras & phones. 

I was measuring small the entire pregnancy, so the Dr. had me going in monthly for an ultrasound. I had an ultrasound on June 21. It appeared she had stopped growing since the ultrasound 3 weeks prior, and so I was told that I need to be induced within a weeks time- I was 37 weeks at that point. This was the day before Taylor was to leave for a conference in Portland for a week and then fly from there to Japan for another week. So when the Dr. said "Whichever day works best for you" I replied "Well, none of them actually" and then I panicked. Tears and tears and tears. My world was falling apart. It was exactly what I dreaded, the baby coming while Taylor was gone. Besides, my mother in law was supposed to fly out and take Atticus to Utah that next day so I would have a break while Taylor was gone...I was going to use those 2 weeks to get some packing done, make freezer meals, get my hair cut, relax, and have everything perfectly ready for the baby.

 I think it was all a ploy to actually make everything work out perfectly. Taylor skipped the conference in Portland and was with me every moment during the hospital stay. If I hadn't had that ultrasound that day, I don't think I would have made it until Taylor got back. And since my sister had earlier decided to use a buddy pass to fly out instead of buy a regular ticket, she was able to come just when needed while Taylor was in Japan. It also gives us more time between baby's arrival and our moving date.

37 weeks- the day we went to the hospital
Sunday was prep day- I couldn't help but make sure all the dishes were done, clean sheets on the bed, the floor vacuumed, bathrooms cleaned, and Atticus all packed up and off to stay with friends. I was a busy bee until 8:30 when a friend came over and did an essential oil labor massage on my feet, and we left right after to check into the hospital at 10 p.m. 

The induction went well, start to finish was about 14.5 hours. And the baby we expected to be just under    5 lbs turned out to be 5 lbs 10 oz. and 17 1/2 inches long. She came out screaming, dimples in her cheeks, and a nice head of brown hair. It felt so good to have that baby out of belly and in arms. 

It took me a little while to be sure, but I did it, and we named the little bean Evelyn Wally. The middle name comes from my German great-grandmother. 

 She is snuggly, but screams like a pterodactyl and grunts like she's being squeezed to death- I blame it on the gas. Atticus grows increasingly interested in "Baby Evan", thinks her poop is so yucky, and goes around saying "Momma, Daddy, Evan, Attus!".

I wanted to say that's the end of the story, but I guess it's really just the beginning! Now I just have to learn how to have 2 kids...


  1. Baby is so cute. The pictures is really very nice. I like your post.

    Pregnancy Massage Kelowna

  2. Way to go Jodi! (and Taylor too I guess). She's a cute one.

  3. Congratulations! She's beautiful.

  4. Congratulations! Lots of fun new adventures headed your way. I'm excited to hear how they all go. Good luck with you move, your new baby, etc. It is all going to be fantastic.

  5. Evelyn Wally! What a beautiful name, and she seriously has the CUTEST face!

  6. Congrats!!!! So excited for you guys. She is beautiful! Love her name!

  7. What a beauty! Congratulations!

  8. Thanx for sharing such great information...........