Feb 26, 2010

Headed to China Again!!

I just got the news. I won the NSF IREE 2010 grant for research in China! Which means I'll be headed (with Jodi) to China for the entire summer! The award covers all my costs for everything.

I've tried two times now to conquer China, to no avail. But third time's the charm! The last two times were in Beijing, this time I'm headed to Shanghai to the "Shanghai Institute of Ceramics Chinese Academy of Science." Anything with an acronym like SICCAS had gotta be awesome.

PLUS: this summer the World Expo 2010 is being held in Shanghai while we will be there.
PLUS: the International Conference on Thermoelectrics is being hosted at SICCAS this year while I will be there too.

Note: Jodi here, don't let him get you all worked up- we're not quite sure what I will be doing yet for the summer...but we will keep you posted.

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully Jodi gets to go! That would be no fun! Congrats Taylor! You're so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, SICCAS? Sounds like science with attitude, and that is definitely your game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Aaron only has the last 2 weeks in August off. Is there any way that you will still be there for that 3rd week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news. Maybe you'll see my parents there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that Jodi may come too. Congrats on the award. Keep us posted.

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  6. oma and OPa Best wishes to you and Jody.Hope you have a great time there.
    We had a nice visit with Mom Michelle and Alicia and of course the Great Grand Babys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATULATIONS! I am soooo (!!) excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I hope as well that jodi gets to go... how fun for you!

    ReplyDelete